It’s no secret to anyone that jobs are getting more and more SCARCE these days. But is taking the exciting nerve racking leap of faith into the unknown world of entrepreneurship really worth the headaches?
In a word (or two): OH. YES.
Removing yourself from any “comfy” situation (a.k.a. a cushy corporate job) for one of self-reliance (a.k.a. investing in real estate) can be daunting. But in the end, it can be one of the most rewarding experiences of our lives and make us wonder why we ever wanted to go corporate?
There’s a drastic difference between staying in the conveyor belt lifestyle of corporate America and living with freedom through entrepreneurship, specifically real estate. When deciding what lifestyle you want, it’s important to know the substantial differences between the two choices:
THE CONVEYOR BELT LIFESTYLE OF CORPORATE AMERICA:
1. There is a ton of cutthroat competition going on for ONE available position. All of those job seekers competing for one available position are willing to accept a fixed salary with little or no room for a raise.
2. The typical corporate work schedule is 9 am – 5 pm, 40-hours a week. If you add drive time, 40-hours per week often becomes 50+ hours per week. Even corporate vacation days are usually limited to one to two weeks per year – if you are LUCKY.
3. You’re forced to work in the confines of your small desk until your shift is over, then go home, wake up the next morning and do it all over again.
4. Must adhere to corporate dress code.
5. Your boss can tell you what to do WHENEVER THEY WANT!
THE AMAZING LIFESTYLE OF A REAL ESTATE INVESTOR”
1. Income potential is UNLIMITED and based entirely on the work you put into it.
2. You have the freedom to work whenever and wherever you want – home, rented office space, coffee shop, etc.
3. No more tight personal schedule. You make your hours, whether it’s how many hours you work each week, when you get to take a vacation and more. Work time is based off your needs, not someone else’s.
4. There’s so much room for creativity in real estate investing! You can be creative in your deals, marketing campaigns, rehab repairs and more. There’s no strict guidelines anymore.
5. You can wear whatever you want! Goodbye stuffy suits, hello jeans and a t-shirt!
Overall, we all get to make this choice: Working in the corporate world where your options are limited and you have to work for someone else OR you choose the option that is a bit more risky BUT can be so worth it — real estate investing.
When you invest in real estate you can be passionate, creative and explore the many options life has to offer. Your choices are yours to make.
So, stop choosing the comfortable option.
Take the chance and see where life can really take you. Invest in real estate.
Start learning how here.